Ok, once this entry is posted it will be the 16th; but technically, I wrote the post on the 15th. I got this idea from Tractorsandglam’s blog.
- Legally, I do not have a middle name. In Ghana, many folks combine their middle names with their last names. When my father immigrated to the States in the early 70s, he did the same. Speaking of half-assed paperwork. On my birth certificate for the place of origin of my father, it has Africa. Really, Virginia?!!! I’m sure that on June 25th, 1980, it was well known that Africa is a continent – NOT a country
- My favorite alcoholic beverage is gin. Most of y’all probably already knew that.
- I almost drowned in Ecuador’s portion of the Amazon Basin. It was scary, and I lost a really nice watch.
- I break out in hives whenever I see people with various types of skin disorders. Thankfully, it does not happen that much nowadays.
- I love all of the Friday movies. I can probably recite most of the scripts for Friday and Friday after Next. “ Yes, you did. Cause my sister-in-law’s baby cousin, Tracy. told me that she saw you at the show all hugged up with some tramp. Now, tell me who she was.”
- Thanksgiving is my favorite family-based holiday.
- Although I have a Ph.D. in Molecular Oncology and Immunology, I no longer do scientific work. However, I do miss conducting biomedical research from time to time. This reminds me, I have to respond to the reviewers’ comments for my manuscript. Ugh, I’ll do it tomorrow.
- I really wish that I would follow more events in the news.
- I’m an extroverted introvert. Although I can be really social, I kind of hate meeting new people.
- Sometimes, I really hate being the only person of color in groups.
- I think that I sing (and dance) much better than I do.
- I wish that I was about 6 inches taller.
- I really loved Christina Aguilera’s Spanish language album, Mi Reflejo. I think it was released back in 2001.
- I have never seen a single Star Wars or Indiana Jones movie in its entirety. Oh Well.
- I have been in only two fist fights as an adult. Which is surprising, because I do talk quite a bit of shit. FYI: I won one and “tied” for the other one
- (Ok a bonus fact). Sia’s “Breathe Me” makes me a little misty-eyed. I think it’s because the song was featured as the last scene during the last episode of “6 Feet Under”, one of my favorite shows of all time.