Yeah, I have not been posting regularly because nothing really has been going on. I will say that I’m very grateful that I have my health, a job, food in the fridge, and a roof over my head. Things definitely could be a lot worse so I’ll try to keep that in mind as I start my bullet points of rants.
- First things first, I am so over this quarantining, but I understand why it has to be done.
- I have been a bit in a crabby mood, because I’m supposed to be somewhere in Spain drinking like a fish, eating like a pig, smoking like a chimney, and recovering from Sunday’s marathon.
- Not to be a hater (although it is what I do best), but I do not think NYC’s Marathon is happening on Nov. 1. I hope that I’m really wrong. That said, I will train for it anyway.
- My fitness has gone downhill during the month of April. I do not think that I have done anything besides work, eat, drink, smoke, and sleep.
- BUT, I plan to get on some kind of fitness regimen starting May 1. Instead of flattening the curve, I need to start flattening my belly.
- Since everyone else is doing it (at least on Twitter), I dyed my hair for sh*ts and giggles. Nothing too crazy.
- Is it me or does it seem like people what to meet more frequently because of this COVID thing? Um, every comment, concern, or email does not require a Zoom meeting, a new Slack channel, and/or a new task force/committee.
To be perfectly honest, I hate the term ‘task force’. How is that any different than a committee . . . or even a quorum?
- During this thing, I think the hubby and I have watched almost every episode of Law & Order: SVU. Now, we are weaning ourselves off of SVU, by binging Survivor.
- Speaking of Survivor, it sucks that Hulu only has partial seasons. What am I going to do with episodes 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and so on?
- Oh, never ever order wines from Nakedwines.com. We ordered a 12-bottle crate of wine, and ALL of the wines so far (we’re on bottle #7) have been crappy. I guess you get what you pay for. Well . . . one bottle does not count because I used the Rosé to make Frosé.
My take on the frosé, which I call the Frosei (a combination of Frose and my middle name, Osei). While cleaning the apt, we found quite a few happy hour vouchers. Game on once this COVID19 thing is over.
- Back to the crappy wines. I have a very strong suspicion that one of the wines made my pee burn. I wake up one morning, and I’m like great . . . I have a hangover AND my piss burns. The wines are so bad that I really want to send them back to the company; they would not even have to give me a refund.
Adios, mi amigo.
- The hubby did an amazing job with his first pineapple upside-down cake.
Enough stalling, time to get to work.